Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Preparing for Disney






In January we are headed to our first Disney trip...so excited! We are going for my first full marathon and for the kids first ever Disney trip. For Christmas I thought it would be fun to make my daughter dress up clothes. I thought it would do double as gifts and clothes she could wear. I am in love with them. Now I kinda feel like I should make something for the little guy to wear so he doesn't feel left out:)

I also pinned a dress up wardrobe and thought It would be perfect to pear with it for the holidays.

So on too the tutorials I used...


For Bell I used crafterhours. I pretty much followed everything, except...I didn't use knit. Why, because I couldn't find it in the color and because I wanted it to be shiny like the other girls would be wearing at Disney. The other thing...for around the shoulders and waist I used material left over from a petti skirt. Mostly because I thought I had some white shinny stuff at home and I didn't which reflects on the Cinderella dress :)

Next up was Snow White. I pretty much followed the same top as bell, measured the length I wanted and then followed craftiness is not optional. It all came out pretty well. I did try and make it come to a point in the middle even though you can' t really see it in the pictures. I did a quick easy headband as well. I closed it the same way as Make it and love it's Cinderella dress.

For Cinderella I followed Make it and love it. So I tried to stay true to the tutorial. I had the blue material left over when when my oldest did a Baton competition many years ago. And like I said early I didn't have any white shinny material so I just went with what I had on hand.

For the wardrobe, I found this on pinterest. A neighbor was throwing a dresser away because the bottom draw was broke. I snagged it right up and I went to work. I would have like to use batting behind the fabric, but I didn't have any and it was not a "need" so I went without it.

I searched long and hard for a mirror, I wanted her to be able to look in the mirror after she was all dressed up. I finally found this at target on clearance for 9.50. It is a tad to wide, but it will work.
On the other side hooks to hand hats or necklaces. I can't wait for her to see it all





1 comment:

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Wow, those look just as good if not better than my store bought dresses. What a treat! Have a great time at WDW. It is my FAVORITE place. I am a new follower visiting from Fireflies and Jellybeans. Vicky from Mess For Less