Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Has this happened to you?






I hate my pictures, so much so that I don't really allow people to take photo's of me...not even with my kids. How does this tie into this post?

I have been dieing for this skirt from Anthropologie, however knowing that my 4'11" frame can't pull horizontal stripes. I knew it would never happen.

When I went to Joann's for my daughter last week I found the perfect fabric and I thought I would try to make my own but make it vertical strips. I was so excited I couldn't wait.

I used this tutorial for the waist, but hen did my own thing for the bottom (which I do truly love). I cut slits in for different areas then cut triangle pieces of fabric and stitched them in place with the top of the triangle angled to the waist band.


So Here is the problem I made it, put it on, looked in the mirror and LOVED it. I couldn't wait to ware it. so the next day I wore it all day and when my daughter got home from school I had her take pictures so I could share.

After I saw the pictures pure disappointment. Is it just the pictures? Does it really look that bad? How could I have loved it before in the mirror.

So my question is do you ever love something in the mirror and then dislike it when you see yourself in pictures with that item? Just curious.





giveaways


Photobucket

4 comments:

Jill said...

I wonder the same thing sometimes and I have to think it's the pictures! I bet if you got a pro to take it (who knew all about best lighting, poses, etc.) you would love it. I think the skirt looks gorgeous though!

Millie Green said...

Um, that skirt is AWESOME. AND it looks GREAT on you.
I don't let anyone take pictures of me at all, so ikwym. I have been thinking about modeling on my blog, because my "Dolly" can't wear the jumpsuits I am making, but not feeling comfortable about that at all. lol And I know if I see the garments I love on me in pictures I might not love them so much anymore. So, I can totally relate! But thanks for sharing your super cool skirt and making the triangle inserts sound so easy to do; I would like to do a skirt bottom like that, thanks for the inspiration!

Sew Much Ado said...

Awesome job! I love the fabric too, and it looks perfect on you!

K-Sue said...

Absolutely, sometimes it looks OK in the mirror, and then I am disappointed when I see a picture of myself, or catch a glance of my reflection in a store window.

But I think the skirt looks pretty cool on you, and the triangle inserts really work.