Monday, December 20, 2010

Sesame hat



The last bit of Christmas shopping for me was for a family that work adapted. We had been looking for a family to adapt for the holiday and was glad that work found a deserving family. They have 4 children under the age of 6 and 1 has medical complications.

So I went to pick up some items on the list and when I was done I had spent quite a bit, so I thought for one of the little ones I would make a hat. Here in Florida the weather has been a bit cooler than usually (so I'm told), so I thought a cute hat would be the perfect gift.

I used this tutorial and it worked out great. I had to shorten the rows, since I crochet lose, I was happy that I had a little model to try it on for me. I had taken some really cute photo's but my card had become corrupted and only got 2 photos :(

I would have liked to do elmo, but I didn't have red on hand so Big Bird it was.

No comments: